Bible reading selections for Christmas A.D. 2023 // Twelve Days + Epiphany
After studying all the way from Genesis through the birth of Christ during Advent, I was hungering for more and casting round for something we could do during the twelve days of Christmas that wouldn't be repetitive of what we'd just done. Then I thought, why not just put something together from Jesus's direct "I am" statements? Leading into some meditations re Epiphany / the coming of the Light into the world & the gospel going forth to the Gentiles. I'll leave the consequent results below. Hopefully someone else will be blessed studying through them as well. <3
(And I plan to write a review after we're able to read through it more fully, but during the twelve days I also loved reading select quotes from the early church fathers found in Jonathan Gibson's O Come, O Come, Emmanuel: A Liturgy for Daily Worship from Advent to Epiphany.)
~
1st Day of Christmas: (reading the Nativity story -- as outlined in our Jesse tree calendar)
2nd Day of Christmas: (reading the continuation of the Nativity story / coming of the Magi -- also as outlined in our Jesse tree calendar)
3rd Day of Christmas: Psalm 65, John 1:1-34 & 4:1-26 (Atonement, The Lamb of God, Water of Life)
4th Day of Christmas: John 6 (Bread of Life)
5th Day of Christmas: John 10 (Door of the Sheep, Good Shepherd)
6th Day of Christmas: John 8:12 & John 11:1-44 (Light of the World, Resurrection & the Life)
7th Day of Christmas: John 14-15 (The Way, The Truth, & The Life; True Vine)
8th Day of Christmas (New Year's Day): Ecclesiastes 3, Psalm 37
9th Day of Christmas: Isaiah 49 & Ephesians 1-3
10th Day of Christmas: Isaiah 55:1-56:8
11th Day of Christmas: Hebrews 4 & Hebrews 10-13
12th Day of Christmas: Genesis 22:15-18, Matthew 2, & Galatians 3:13-16 & 26-29
Epiphany: John 1:1-5 & Revelation 21-22



Comments
Post a Comment